Its hard for words to describe how in awe I am of Nathalie Trad clutches. I think her designs are some of the most unique on the planet with such an intense mix of textures, patterns, structures and general amazingness. Trad was born in Lebanon, raised in Dubai and has lived in Paris and New York, studied at Esmod and Parson’s, and I can imagine that such a rich and diverse cultural background has without doubt fostered her extreme talent. Fans include Olivia Palermo, Whitney Port and Amber Le Bon. She takes inspiration from nature and art history which explains the versatility of her creations. Her philosophy is to ‘smell with your eyes, hear with your nose, see with your ears and taste with your hands’. Her bags can definitely excite the imagination and take you to a dream world where you engage all the senses. They are full of surprise and mystery in addition to being simply stunning.
With my mum being far away in the Caribbean, St Lucia, I really appreciate how special mothers are so have picked out some of the finest gifts you can find for this mothers day (in my humble opinion).
1. Recycled rubber necklace handcut in Indonesia from my boutique www.realmoftreasure.com or available at Broadway Market, London Fields, Hackney.
2. United Nude red leather shoes with their signature metal heel available at Shoeshoplive.
3. An adorable Hotel Chocolat set with pink rose, an eaton mess white chocolate slab and champagne truffles ( thank God I just had lunch otherwise I’d be drooling over this).
5. A Ren Morrocan Rose Otto gift set with luxurious body lotion and shower gel. Nothing makes me feel more pampered than the sent of rose oil!
6. A Diptyque candle as every lady needs to have at least one of these at some point in her life!
7. Finally a stunning mother of pearl shell and black resin clutch from my new favourite handbag designer Nathalie Trad.
Don’t forget to treat yourself too- after or with mum of course!