Am writing this at a time of major change in my life- new job/ career which is fantastic but has also been a quite stressful few weeks. So this is the perfect time for me to reminisce on my blissful time in St Lucia last month where I spent time with my mum who lives there. It was an active trip but I enjoyed every second and restored my energy each evening when chilling on my mums balcony which has a stunning view of the sea and famous mountains and world heritage site, the Pitons. Although I love the beach I could never be a holiday beach bum so managed to pack in trekking through the rainforest, visiting the volcano and sulphur springs, attending the St Lucia Jazz festival, going to a fish themed street party and catching lizards with the national trust on Maria Island! I also got to learn more about the work of the Vieux Fort Children’s home which is being funded by the Jermaine Defoe foundation. You can learn more about there work on their Facebook page- feel free to add them; https://www.facebook.com/vieux.home?fref=ts. or check out their wesite http://thevieuxfortchildrenssociety.weebly.com/who-are-we.html. Due to the good whether, fresh food and general good vibes I still managed to come back refreshed- albeit a bit tired!
At Jalouse beach in between the pitons- its down a steep hill so we took this cute buggy
My grans local beach!
Wild plants, fruit in the rainforest
My friend from neighbouring Guadeloupe chilling at my mums local beach
The beautiful beach, Lizards and view from Maria Islands where I went with the National Trust to watch their lizard survey. One of the poor creatures got panicked and shed its tail in front of my eyes. I had only just learnt they can do this so was quite stunned!
On a boat ride past the Pitons to Anse Chastenet beach, famous for snorkellig. I saw some beautiful fish but called it a day after seeing a young Barracuda and what I thought was a snake but in fact a yellow eel!
One of my final trips and birthday treat involved a meal at Hotel Chocolat’s restaurant and hotel. They only have shops in the UK but the cocoa comes from this plantation. The meal was curry and rice infused with Cacao nibs and it actually went well together. Dessert speaks for itself!
The beauty of the Islands continued to the skies with this incredible cloud formation en route back to the UK. God really is the Great Artist!
With my mum being far away in the Caribbean, St Lucia, I really appreciate how special mothers are so have picked out some of the finest gifts you can find for this mothers day (in my humble opinion).
1. Recycled rubber necklace handcut in Indonesia from my boutique www.realmoftreasure.com or available at Broadway Market, London Fields, Hackney.
2. United Nude red leather shoes with their signature metal heel available at Shoeshoplive.
3. An adorable Hotel Chocolat set with pink rose, an eaton mess white chocolate slab and champagne truffles ( thank God I just had lunch otherwise I’d be drooling over this).
5. A Ren Morrocan Rose Otto gift set with luxurious body lotion and shower gel. Nothing makes me feel more pampered than the sent of rose oil!
6. A Diptyque candle as every lady needs to have at least one of these at some point in her life!
7. Finally a stunning mother of pearl shell and black resin clutch from my new favourite handbag designer Nathalie Trad.
Don’t forget to treat yourself too- after or with mum of course!